As I wrapped up the initial What Are You Looking For? I realized that some procedural guidance might come in handy. So here is your GUIDE on how you might proceed.
1. What have you done in life that you truly enjoyed? Earliest memory? Something that still lights you up?
2. As you look back, what have been the tipping points in your life? You know…, those events or experiences that changed you.
3. What difficult experiences have you had that make you shy-away from certain situations even today?
4. How readily do you trust people?
5. On a 1 – 10 scale, how likely are you take risks?
6. What scares you, overwhelmingly? [beside these questions]
7. How far into the future do you feel safe in planning?
8. What are your wildest dreams? What dreams are you actually going for?
9. Who can you talk with about this stuff? [buy dinner]
10. What legacy would you like to leave behind? For family? For your community? For the world?
In my arena of influence, I try to project what we need to do NOW to make a difference in the future. I know, I know, it’s a bit prophetic on my part. But I really enjoy dreaming the future, preempting problems, and creating things that others haven’t thought of yet. Fortunately, there are now many others who have joined the ranks of culture prophets and dream outside the box. Bill Edgar, Dick Keyes, and Richard Peace come to mind.
One more thing to consider— How much do you rely on God in Prayer? To exclude Him in your processing is a grave mistake made by too many of us. He has a perspective on everything. Including you.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.
Honor God, honor people, make a difference,
Dr. Gary Davis, President
NEXT— Conquering the Chaos, pt. 4.