What are you thankful for? Before you answer let me reflect on “being thankful” for a bit.
Most of us have so much we grow comfortable with what we have and assume we will always have the means to replenish or buy more. Canada just observed Remembrance Day about 11 days ago. Armistice Day was just commemorated across Europe. In the US we have Veterans Day: a day becoming more solemn even though world conflicts lessen.
Now, in the US, our Thanksgiving is upon us. Question: What are you thankful for? Here are a few things I am thankful for—
- You! Because you take the time to read what I write. For your love and friendship.
- My wife of almost 48 years— Starr.
- Josh & Blair; Jax & Caleb.
- Bethany & Jeff; ‘Bekah, Duke, & John.
- My mom & dad. Technically, they’re both dead; but not in my heart.
- My wacked-out sister Carol Norton. I love you sis! J
- William H. VanArtsdalen, Jr.— who keeps a roof over our heads.
- An ability to write. Still.
- A clear mind. A clear mind. A clear mind. And umm, oh— a memory.
- Being forgiven. I cannot imagine who I would have been without the grace of Christ that stalked me.
- Health— mostly.
- My incredible education!
- Usefulness for some Christians: more useful to many of the normal people around me.
- NEED’s Board of Directors scattered all over the world.
- Melanie Lamere— my right-hand man in New England.
- Ian Montgomery— my comrade-in-arms. The other half of the devious-duo.
- 40 Years in New England. Autumns.
- 1 year in Colorado. Mountains.
- Financial backers who believe in what I am doing. You’re all crazy.
- A perspective on life that the best is yet to come. I’m not done yet.
Dr. Gary Davis, President
One thought on “Give Thanks”
And I’m thankful for you and your encouraging words, sir!