Definitions October 26, 2009Posted by needinc in emPulse.
add a comment
EmPulse for Week of October 26, 2009
- Anthraxite - An unpleasant form of fossil fuel.
- Bluffalo - A bull that may or may not be about to charge.
- Cluckoo clock – A European timepiece that chimes the song of a chicken once every hour.
- Deafeat - The result of failing to hear an order to retreat.
- Penguini - A kind of pasta developed by Falkland Islanders.
- Snyphilis - A contagious nasal drip.
- Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism (pseudoPHP) a word which refers to a lung disease contracted from the inhalation of very fine silica particles, specifically from a volcano. (longest word in an English dictionary)
- MAHER-SHALAL-HASH-BAZ (Isaiah 8:1) is the name given to Isaiah’s son, meaning “swift is booty, speedy is prey.”
- Abraham (Hebrew) – Father of many.
- Barak (Hebrew) – Lightening.
- Carol (Olde French) – Melody
- Edward (Olde English) – Rich guard.
- Hans (Scandinavian) – God is gracious.
- Gary (German) – Spear Carrier.
- How I define myself – Strong personality, dependent on God, safe/dangerous, complex, creative, positive, risky, relaxed, tenacious, encouraging, gracious, lover, dumb (sometimes), and totally wacky (for starters).
- _______(your name)_______ – What words define who you are? [Note- Cheating is allowed. Ask others to contribute their definitions of who you are.]
Have a nice week.